Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > drum history

airone

So how do i find out the history of my kit? is this even possible? i dont mean the string of ownership along the way ,and im pretty sure i know where they were made but how do i find out what year they were made and also how do yuo place a value on the kit? its not for sale and im surely planning on keeping it so i have a kit to play in heaven,plus even god wants to play mapex!

January 19, 2011 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Webs User
Site Owner

Hey Airone.  I am talking to Mapex, and trying to get them to send me all the color charts for all the models for the last 10 years.  

Your serial number can be used to tell you what year your drums were made in.  It is either on badge for older models, or inside the shell on the back of the vent whole.  Mapex will be able to tell you by this number.  

As far as value goes, it fluctuates.  Unfortunately people sell Mapex stuff way to cheap.  It brings there value way down.  You can go on the internet and do a search and see what people are selling them for at this moment.  That will give you a good idea.  Don't cry when you see the prices :(

--

January 19, 2011 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

airone

No need for cryin here, unless they are tears of joy. I (if givin another chance) would still buy my same kit again,and gladly pay even more. I got it for what i thought was a fantastic price. Ive played and seen kits that cost way more than mine and didnt come close to the sounds i get out of mine!!!!! so ........................................:lol:let the water works fly..........!

--
January 20, 2011 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.