Forums

Forum Home > Warning,Warning > Falcon's and Evans patch

Webs User
Site Owner

I would just like to warn people that the new Falcon beaters, get worn down very quickly with the Evans patch.  The patch has a rough texture that does not agree with the beater head.  The REMO patches do not do this, because they are smooth.  

--

February 3, 2011 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Giuli
Administrator

I've been through that... The patch was the Evans EQPB2 type. It has a rough texture, as you said.      

February 3, 2011 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mylove4mapex

I've also noticed this...I have a gibraltar double pedal with the felt/plastic beater heads and the cordura nylon evans patch and I'm constantly dusting off the white powder from the head,pedal and surounding area...thought it was just me.Might go back to just the evens clear patch..didn't have the issue with that one.

--

March 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webs User
Site Owner

I don't use a patch at all.  If you are going to use a patch, use a smooth one.  There is always going to be some rubbing between the beater surface and the head surface.  A rough patch will just act like sandpaper.  Maybe the drum pedal manufacturers gave the rough patch idea to Evans.  :)

--

March 5, 2011 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Giuli
Administrator

Problem is the felt on the Falcon beater wears out quite fast anyways, with or without using a rough patch.

March 16, 2011 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.