Forums

Forum Home > Tweaking the kit > Cymbal care

mylove4mapex

Just wanted to share with everyone how I have kept my cymbals new looking for a very long time and it's so simple.  I read about a gent doing this in a Modern Drummer from I believe 1981 and I've done it ever since..

It's applying a thin coat of original Armorall.  Apply it with a cotton cloth and wipe off all the excess.  It not only takes the stick marks off, but also imparts a finish that repells finger prints, as well as dirt, and does not effect the sound in any way at all.; )

--

March 6, 2011 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webs User
Site Owner

How is it on the decals?

--

March 6, 2011 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mylove4mapex

It does nothing to the decals/ink prints on the cymbals what so ever.The only issue that you have to be concerned with is that after the application of Armorall the cymbals become VERY slippery,so care transporting them has to be observed..nearly dropped a crash once because it slipped out of my hands..caught it before it met terra firma.

Give it a try...it really keeps the cymbals looking great.:)

--

March 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

matchgrip1

Interesting... After all the cash spent on my cymbals, I think I'll try it on an old meinl that I have laying around first!  One thing that I do is before and after the gig each weekend, I take a 100% cotton cloth and wipe them all down when I take them out and put them back in the case lining.  Always be careful with your tin...! 

March 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.